We’ve all heard about combining food with other pleasurable sensory experiences like cheese and art shows, prime rib and strippers, sex and pastrami, so why not combine delicious food with a debilitating existential crisis? Can’t recall how or why this pairing came up in an electronic conversation but it did. I’ve had “acrimony and cheese” in my idea box for a while so maybe it just took seed.
The menu so far includes:
• acrimony and cheese
• cinnabons and self analysis
• deviled eggs and despair
• ennui and baked brie
• french fried fear of death
• judgement and jellied eggs
• night terrors and tapas
• paralyzing fear and fresh fruit
• regret au gratin
• self doubt and sauerkraut
• spiritual death and duck sauce
• singularity and cinnamon sticks
Pieces in progress (these are photoshop mock ups):
The point is just about associations word play and emotional responses through the juxtaposition of unrelated subjects. I once heard you don’t stop with one great idea, you take two or more good ideas and somehow bring them together.